What is Gua Sha?
Facial Gua Sha, also known as "Eastern Botox", is an ancient Chinese practice to promote energy flow (qi) and blood circulation. Gua Sha involves massaging the skin with smooth, long, sweeping strokes with an angled stone to aid in the removal of toxins and create improved blood flow and circulation.
Studies suggest that consistent use of Gua Sha can help improve microcirculation and blood flow, creating an overall improvement in the skin, improving microcirculation by up to 400%!
With consistent use over time, the increase of blood circulation can help to stimulate skin cell regeneration for a youthful, radiant glow.
AURAE SKIN Rose Quartz Crystal Gua Sha:
The AURAE SKIN Gua Sha Facial Massage Tool is made from rose quartz crystal. Each AURAE SKIN Gua Sha Rose Quartz Crystal has been charged and cleared with filtered water and sunlight and cleansed with essential oils so they are ready for immediate use.
Rose quartz is known to be the crystal of universal and unconditional love. This feel-good stone opens the heart chakra and encourages compassion, tenderness, forgiveness, comfort, and self-love - making it a perfect crystal for the ritual of Gua Sha facial massage. Rose quartz is known to dispel negativity and replaces this energy with loving vibes - heightening trust, forgiveness, and self-worth.
It is believed that the crystal you purchase is destined to find you. Take the time to study the groves and variations in your stone as it is your conduit to universal messages.
- Improved skin tone and texture through stimulation and blood circulation
- Decrease puffiness and inflammation
- Visibly plump and firm ageing skin
- Assist greater product absorption into the skin
- Release tension from facial muscles and gently detoxify your lymphatic system
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Assist in decongesting the skin through the removal of toxins from beneath the surface of the skin.
Please note: Colour slightly varies with each unique stone. This is due to the natural variation in the Rose Quartz stone.
How to use Gua Sha:
- Designed to be used for facial massage
- To aid in ease of sliding the tool across the face, only use after applying a serum or oil like the Beauty Boost Hyaluronic Serum or Wonder Glow Revitalising Repair Oil.
- Hold the rose quartz Gua Sha tool at a slight angle against the skin and apply moderate-soft pressure
- The Gua Sha tool should be almost flat on the skin, but angled slightly to aid in the required sweeping motions to move qi (energy), remove toxins, and shift stagnant lymph.
- Start from the top of the face and make your way down to aid in the removal of toxins
- Focus on calm, slow and deep breaths while doing this ritual
- Use slow, long, sweeping motions with moderate-soft pressure
- Focus on the positive pressure and release of congested, blocked and tense areas
- Prior to using your crystal, set your intention. Let the rose quartz crystal be a conduit for communication with the universe and a channel to receive love and positive energy.
- Neck: Starting in the middle of your collar-bones at the base of your throat, sweep the crystal upward toward the base of your chin. Repeat x 5
- Neck: Repeat step 1 on the right side and work outward. Repeat each stroke x 5
- Neck: Repeat step 1 on the left side and work outward. Repeat each stroke x 5
- Forehead: Starting between the eyebrows and using a comfortable part of the crystal, take slow, long strokes along the skin up to the hairline. Repeat x 5
- Forehead: Now, re-angle the crystal to focus on sweeping the crystal from the centre of your forehead to the right side of your forehead, ending near your hairline and right temple. Repeat x 5
- Forehead: Repeat step 5 on the left side of your forehead.
- Eyebrow: Starting on the inner part of the right brow bone - the part closest to your nose - sweep the crystal slowly along the brow bone following the natural grooves of the eyebrow muscle toward the temple. Repeat x 5
- Eyebrow: Repeat step 7 on the left eyebrow.
- Temple: Starting at the outer corner of your right eye (avoiding the eye itself), sweep the crystal outward, over the temple, toward the hairline. Repeat x 5
- Temple: Repeat step 9 on the left side.
- Nose: Starting at the base of your right eyebrow, slowly sweep the crystal downward toward the tip of the nose, keeping to the right side of the nose. Repeat x 5
- Nose: Repeat step 11 on the left side.
- Under eye: Starting approx. 1cm below the inner right eye, sweep the crystal under the eye area, following the natural groves of the facial muscle. Repeat x 5
- Under eye: Repeat step 10 on the left side.
- Cheek: Starting where your nose meets your cheek on your right side, sweep the crystal outwards, over your cheek and upwards toward the temple. Repeat x 5
- Cheek: Repeat step 15 on the left side.
- Under cheek: Starting at the base of your nose near your right nostril, sweep the crystal under your cheek muscles and upward toward your temple, following the natural grooves of your facial muscles. Repeat x 5
- Under cheek: Repeat step 17 on the left side.
- Upper lip: For stability, place an index finger on the centre of your upper lip, beneath your nose. Using the crystal, take a long sweeping stroke from the centre of the upper lip outward and upward toward the temple on your right side. Repeat x 5
- Upper lip: Repeat step 19 on the left side.
- Chin: For stability, place an index finger on the centre of your chin. Using the crystal, take a long sweeping stroke from the centre of your chin outward and upward toward the base of your ear. Repeat x 5
- Chin: Repeat step 21 on the left side.
How to clean your Rose Quartz Gua Sha Facial Massage Tool:
You can clean your rose quartz crystal with a natural cleanser in water and leave to dry.
To charge your crystal, you can leave it in sunlight, moonlight, cleanse in a saltwater bath or leave in a bowl of filtered water overnight.